RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does Your Club Require a Spotter
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 04:18 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does Your Club Require a Spotter

The reason I like one, especially if I am flying the heli doing aerobatics, is that I like to be able to ask where something or someone is without looking for them. I have had the heli in the air and out of nowhere a group of kids started running toward it. I flew it back to us, but they were coming fast and I didn't know what they would do because they were pretty small, so I turned it on its side and set it down. Was the only thing I could do to stop the blades fast. They ran right up to it. I wouldn't normally do something like that but I felt there was no choice at the time. I couldn't go up and hover high till we got them moved for a reason I can't really remember because it was a while ago. I just like to have one there to tell me who is doing what, and where. Had one spaz flying one time and crashed and the parts rolled right between my legs and my spotters. Didn't have time to move. Lots of reasons to have one there, not many to not have one there if someone is available. Also fun to chat when you are flying.