RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hyper ST thread!!
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 12:43 PM
sirvancealott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hyper ST thread!!

ORIGINAL: foxy42

Any needle being too rich is not going to cause overheating. I think you mean too lean. By the way, sirvancealot, you had an air leak in your mac-star or fuel system, I guarantee it. It's just about the only possible cause for the symptoms you describe.
Thanks for your feed back. I didn'tunderstand how a rich low speed needle could cause oveheaing either, but that is what nitro burner said. Perhaps he meant lean. How can I determine if the leaky fuels system or engine is the cluprit and how can I determine where the weak link is? I definately don't want to burn another motor out! I blew air into my fuel line to check for leaks and I noticed that some air was escaping from the fuel tank lid, but whenI pressed the lid down hard, it would stop. Could this be the problem? Also, the high speed needle seat seamed to be leaking a small amount of fuel onto the carb body, so I put teflon ove the needle threads, but by that time the motor had already gone bad. Do you think these issues could cause the motor to burn out? Any recommended fixes?