RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum......
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
CrT-RaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum......

ORIGINAL: foxy42

We talking from a design perspective, a usage perspective or about a specific piece of equipment, like the controller?

There's only one real problem with the Spektrum system, and that is that the voltage cut off for the receiver is higher than that required by the servos. What that means in practise is that the receiver shuts down due to low voltage, while there is still enough power for the servos to work. So if you're running down the straight at full throttle, when the receiver cuts off, better start running!! You can get around this with an additional failsafe.

Apart from that, they're great. I'm not sure about the comment above that the DX3 is 'the best', it's certainly not a patch on my Futaba 3pk (to which I have added the spektrum pro module), but hey, I suppose it's great radio for the price. Just make sure you get a backup failsafe.
Thats why my brothers baja goes out of control all the time...i just bought a spektrum dx2 and i already have a ofna micro failsafe (its a year old though but works fine) so im covered for run aways? i have about $2000 into my jammin truggy and dont want this happening