Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Spektrum......

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 AM
morrowcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum......

The good... the bad and the ugly. Anyone have any input??
Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Blackhawk4
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Spektrum......

The best in my opinion. i love my spektrum DX3
Old 06-14-2007, 02:03 AM
crispyspa

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk4

The best in my opinion. i love my spektrum DX3
I second that
Old 06-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We talking from a design perspective, a usage perspective or about a specific piece of equipment, like the controller?

There's only one real problem with the Spektrum system, and that is that the voltage cut off for the receiver is higher than that required by the servos. What that means in practise is that the receiver shuts down due to low voltage, while there is still enough power for the servos to work. So if you're running down the straight at full throttle, when the receiver cuts off, better start running!! You can get around this with an additional failsafe.

Apart from that, they're great. I'm not sure about the comment above that the DX3 is 'the best', it's certainly not a patch on my Futaba 3pk (to which I have added the spektrum pro module), but hey, I suppose it's great radio for the price. Just make sure you get a backup failsafe.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: foxy42

We talking from a design perspective, a usage perspective or about a specific piece of equipment, like the controller?

There's only one real problem with the Spektrum system, and that is that the voltage cut off for the receiver is higher than that required by the servos. What that means in practise is that the receiver shuts down due to low voltage, while there is still enough power for the servos to work. So if you're running down the straight at full throttle, when the receiver cuts off, better start running!! You can get around this with an additional failsafe.

Apart from that, they're great. I'm not sure about the comment above that the DX3 is 'the best', it's certainly not a patch on my Futaba 3pk (to which I have added the spektrum pro module), but hey, I suppose it's great radio for the price. Just make sure you get a backup failsafe.
Thats why my brothers baja goes out of control all the time...i just bought a spektrum dx2 and i already have a ofna micro failsafe (its a year old though but works fine) so im covered for run aways? i have about $2000 into my jammin truggy and dont want this happening
Old 06-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Chopped02

I've got the DX 3.0 and am pretty happy with it but... I was at the track last weekend and in between qualifiers, I was trying to tune it when the truck went wide open and took off into a field. The failsafe never kicked. Luckily, it didn't hit anything solid and break. Its never done that before and hasn't done it since. Fresh batteries in the Tx and the hump pack was fully charged.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
happywing

Make sure you "set" the failsafe when you bind. If you have your brake on and wheel turned during the bind process, you shouldn't get runaways. The built-in failsafe on the Spek locks the transmitter at whatever position you have the controls during the bind.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Chopped02

I did set the failsafe when I did the binding. It had a brain fart or something. [&:]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
CrT-RaCeR

Im thinking twice about the spektrum now
Old 06-14-2007, 01:52 PM
BrendanS

The futaba 3pm is an awesome radio. 10 model memory, easy to read blue led display, built in timer, a lot of people prefer the futaba 3pm over the DX3.0
Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
rodman1

Does anyone know where I can get an instruction manual for the Spektrum DX2.0? I can't find it as a download on spektrum's site. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
spikeitaudi

Funny I found it:

[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMDX20ManualHR.pdf]http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMDX20ManualHR.pdf[/link]
Old 06-15-2007, 12:29 AM
rodman1

That link isn't working for me and when I go to spektrumrc's site i can't find product info (which is apparently where you found it) plus I tried to type in the link you gave and it said I wasn't authorized to view that site. Hm? Any other suggestions.... plesas don't think that i haven't searched.... I did search and came up with a big zero.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
rodman1

That link isn't working for me and when I go to spektrumrc's site i can't find product info (which is apparently where you found it) plus I tried to type in the link you gave and it said I wasn't authorized to view that site. Hm? Any other suggestions.... plesas don't think that i haven't searched.... I did search and came up with a big zero.

Never mind, the 4th time I tried it... it worked. thanks a bunch man.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:59 AM
spikeitaudi

Sounds like you are behind a firewall.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 AM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: spikeitaudi

Sounds like you are behind a firewall.
yea your computer might be behind a firewall not letting you download, try putting it to low risk and try again
Old 09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Jerzferno

I have to interject there Foxy. I have the Spektrum 3.0 and control my T-MAXX and Inferno with it. I installed a new engine in my T-MAXX and was breaking it in last weekend. I would apply throttle then all of a sudden it would go to brakes? A few seconds later, it would run again. In a turn all of a sudden it would turn straight then apply the brakes? Kept on doing this? So I thought maybe my TX batteries are low? Nope 11.5 volts on the screen? Then I thought my RX batts were low? I took them out and tired to charge them? My charger was not reading anything so it wouldnt charge? I took the wrapping off the batteries and started to squeeze them to see if something came loose? All of a sudden my charger beeped and read the battery. Released my grip............nothing. Squeezed again the charger beeped. I took the remaining wrap off and saw one of the soldered bands came loose. So in contrary to what you said, I did not have to run after my T-MAXX because my batteries cut out (or shut down on low voltage, would have the same end result). The Spektrum fail safe was kicking in everytime the internal battery connection was compromised.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 PM
RCCanuck

the spektrum DX3.0 is awesome...the failsafe works flawlessly in mine as well.....and I love the control...what servos are you running I am running the hitec HS625mg for steering and a JR standard race servo for throttle
Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Fiegs

still waiting for the Dx3r to come out........in the mean time ill use my dx2
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 PM
JB COMP

I have a DX3.0 and never had a problum.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 AM
ttoks

after switching from the revos stock radio, to the spektrum dx2 in my 8ight T (i bought another receiver so i can sue the same radio for both cars) i can say that, like a lot of people do it's one of the best upgrades you can do, i highly recommend it, but a failsafe is paramount, do not skimp on it.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 AM
freewill

I was going to purchase the DX3R, but I was Just informed by spektrum that it will be delayed again untill Jan. Looks like I will be buying the nomadio now.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 AM
TM323

I have the original DX2 when spektrum's first came out and the only complaint that I have is that I broke my antennae. Even with it duct taped I still have not had one glitch yet. if you bind it correctly you will never have a runaway.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 AM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent had any problems with my dx2 at all
Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM
HILLFINGER

I have two DX3's only problem so far is a broke antenna on the old one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.