RCU Forums - View Single Post - For my 3rd plane
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Spitfire222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For my 3rd plane

Although I do not have any first hand experience on this plane, I have heard lots of good things about the Hangar-9 sport-scale warbirds. Apparently they fly very well, and given that this will be your 4th plane, you seem to have taken a good path leading up to warbirds. (That low-wing plane as a 3rd plane was a good idea.)

Don't forget that you can always use the Search function for the forums. I'm sure there is a ton of info about this plane, and almost certainly some extensive assembly/discussion threads about this specific plane.

Personally, I dont think you can even compare the Hangar 9 Corsair ARF to the Top-Flite Corsair, the biggest difference being the TF one is a kit. Also, I'm pretty sure the retracts alone for the TF Corsair probably cost almost as much as the entire Hangar 9 one. I'm basing this on the cost of the retracts for my TF Fw-190, and those aren't rotating ones like a Corsair's. [:-]

Others may need to confirm, but I think you should do fine with this plane. You could always have an experienced flyer/instructor look it over for you once you assemble it, and even maiden it for you if you feel the need. Good luck with whatever you do! [sm=shades_smile.gif]