RCU Forums - View Single Post - AHHHHH
Thread: AHHHHH
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 AM
ccalum02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AHHHHH

ORIGINAL: socalsuperbike

Hey everyone alright this is the update on my T maxx... lol it now starts and only stays running as long as im holding down the ez start button what do you think the problem is? My easy start gets so hot and is just killing my battery every 15-20 minutes, but the engine turns over and I can rev it as long as im holding the easy start button down, as soon as I pull it out and give it gas barrappp dead...any suggestions? im running a mccoy mc 9 glow plug, I take the temp and it only gets up to like 107-114 range...
Had the same problem yesterday with my TRX 3.3, I ended up leaning it out by 1/4 turn on the HSN and 1/2 turn on the LSN...Oh yea and 4 idle turns out (the clutch was engaging a bit by then). After that it would stay running long enough to clear out the fuel in the motor with a few WOT blasts, then I had to richen the HSN by about 1/12 to get it back to 270. Runs great now... The trick is to not be scared of leaning it out, if it sounds rich then its too rich, if it chokes on fuel its too rich, if it wont change gear its probably too rich.
If it screams-dies down-screams again its too lean, if its running at 280+ its too lean, if it seems wildly faster than you've ever seen it before... Its probably too lean, check temps all the time.

Thats the best advice I can give, good luck!!