Thread: Pulse XT 40
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:57 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulse XT 40

ORIGINAL: armody

mesaflyer,

I have no experience about this plane as I don't have it so I cannot write anything about it but I would like to say for sure CONGRATS MAN!!!! FLY IT SAFE, I love this plane, and I'd buy it, and Im sure its one of the greatest deal of Hangar 9. Please once you assemble it and fly it do give us a feed back.

Best of Luck

Mody
Can't give you all the details, so here is the Reader's Digest version. Well, my father-in-law passed away several days ago, so all building/flying was off for awhile. The wife wanted to get away for the weekend, so I finished the Pulse, we loaded up the kids, motorcycles, and planes and went camping. Woke up Saturday at first light. Decided to fly my Nexstar a couple times for a warm up. After three flights with the Nexstar, I fired up the Pulse. Has a brand new OS 46, so I followed their manual for break-in. Taxied a couple times, and then took off. So you have an idea of my flying experience, I just opened my third gallon of fuel. So I am no expert, but the Pulse flies like it is on RAILS! Just a little trim adjustment, and it's beautiful. Did a couple of "two mistake high" slow fly-bys to see how it would handle on landing. It just glides? right where you point it. Flew around easy for several minutes and then brought it in for a nice three point landing. The only problem I had was on the fourth landing. I must have hit something on the ground, because the right wheel axle bent just enough the make the tire rub against the wheel pant. It made for really nice looking 180 turn. Over the weekend I made about 20 flights. It just flew GREAT. It did every thing I asked it to do. It is just so much fun to fly! And I just love the pattern and colors on the top and bottom of the wings. It makes it so easy to pick up in the sky.
I started another thread about "flaperons" where several people talked me out of a warbird for my second plane and into a plane like the Pulse. Just wanted to say THANK YOU to those guys. You were absolutly right.
Also, I read a thread on cutting a fiberglass cowl. One guy said to use a file folder as a template. That worked great. The attached picture doesn't show it, but it came out perfect.
The flying went so good, I even hooked up the Nexstar with a buddy cord and my 11 year son flew around for a few flights. He can fly on the simulator, so I figured we would give it a shot. On his second flight, he did a couple loops and rolls. He was so excited, I thought he was going to explode!
Anyway, thanks again to all who have given good, sound advice.
For all us beginners, ask your questions here. These guys know what they are talking about!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66124.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	710387