Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Pulse XT 40

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Pulse XT 40

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:37 PM
mesaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulse XT 40

Just picked up my Pulse XT from LHS. Read the assembly manual through before starting to put it together. (Yea I know, hard to believe). Was wondering about the wing. It says to slide the wing panels together, and then bolt to the plane. So it stays a two piece wing? Should I leave it that way, or would it be better to glue or epoxy the wing together and make it one piece? If anybody has any feedback, please let me know. Thanks
Old 06-13-2007, 06:02 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Pulse XT 40

mesaflyer,

I have no experience about this plane as I don't have it so I cannot write anything about it but I would like to say for sure CONGRATS MAN!!!! FLY IT SAFE, I love this plane, and I'd buy it, and Im sure its one of the greatest deal of Hangar 9. Please once you assemble it and fly it do give us a feed back.

Best of Luck

Mody
Old 06-13-2007, 06:24 PM
SwampFlier-RCU

I have a Pulse (my son flies it most of the time) nice plane and flies sweetly, leave a two piece wing (easier to store and transport) since it has two dowels at front and independent screws in the back is stay solid, We even left the empenage (tail) with the screws since we will be moving to other country shortly, no problems whatsoever, If you're not moving around I would keep the wing as it comes and put some epoxy on the tail.

enjoy the pulse it flies nice... already said that...jeje
Old 06-13-2007, 10:04 PM
scidoc

I left the wing in 2 pieces and epoxied the tail. A couple of days at the field and everything seems to be solid (so far) and much easier to transport. I still can't get over how fast it is with a .46 size engine. Enjoy the plane and do whatever makes you comfortable.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:21 AM
pupmeister

I also decided to glue and bolt the tail, but left the wing as a two piece. Besides the fact that it makes it so much easier to transport in my Ford Focus, it also makes me feel like I am assembling one of the big IMAC planes that a lot of the guys at my club have and which I wish to own, maybe three or four aircraft down the line.

Cheers
Pups
Old 06-24-2007, 10:57 PM
mesaflyer

ORIGINAL: armody

mesaflyer,

I have no experience about this plane as I don't have it so I cannot write anything about it but I would like to say for sure CONGRATS MAN!!!! FLY IT SAFE, I love this plane, and I'd buy it, and Im sure its one of the greatest deal of Hangar 9. Please once you assemble it and fly it do give us a feed back.

Best of Luck

Mody
Can't give you all the details, so here is the Reader's Digest version. Well, my father-in-law passed away several days ago, so all building/flying was off for awhile. The wife wanted to get away for the weekend, so I finished the Pulse, we loaded up the kids, motorcycles, and planes and went camping. Woke up Saturday at first light. Decided to fly my Nexstar a couple times for a warm up. After three flights with the Nexstar, I fired up the Pulse. Has a brand new OS 46, so I followed their manual for break-in. Taxied a couple times, and then took off. So you have an idea of my flying experience, I just opened my third gallon of fuel. So I am no expert, but the Pulse flies like it is on RAILS! Just a little trim adjustment, and it's beautiful. Did a couple of "two mistake high" slow fly-bys to see how it would handle on landing. It just glides? right where you point it. Flew around easy for several minutes and then brought it in for a nice three point landing. The only problem I had was on the fourth landing. I must have hit something on the ground, because the right wheel axle bent just enough the make the tire rub against the wheel pant. It made for really nice looking 180 turn. Over the weekend I made about 20 flights. It just flew GREAT. It did every thing I asked it to do. It is just so much fun to fly! And I just love the pattern and colors on the top and bottom of the wings. It makes it so easy to pick up in the sky.
I started another thread about "flaperons" where several people talked me out of a warbird for my second plane and into a plane like the Pulse. Just wanted to say THANK YOU to those guys. You were absolutly right.
Also, I read a thread on cutting a fiberglass cowl. One guy said to use a file folder as a template. That worked great. The attached picture doesn't show it, but it came out perfect.
The flying went so good, I even hooked up the Nexstar with a buddy cord and my 11 year son flew around for a few flights. He can fly on the simulator, so I figured we would give it a shot. On his second flight, he did a couple loops and rolls. He was so excited, I thought he was going to explode!
Anyway, thanks again to all who have given good, sound advice.
For all us beginners, ask your questions here. These guys know what they are talking about!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66124.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	710387  
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
mesaflyer

Left one thing out I just have to share. On my last flight on the first day, some of the controls on my plane started to " twitch". I was flying on a dry lake bed where there are always a few people flying in different places (useually miles apart) with no freq board. So it is fly at you own risk. But I get up with the sun and finished flying when most people show up. So I figured that somebody was on the same freq and I was getting hit. I was done flying for the day, so I drove around and asked each guy what freq they were on. No one was on my freq. After explaining what my plane was doing to the last guys I talked to, one of them says "you have a receiver problem, how is your antenna wire installed". To which I explain that it was sort of laid inside the fusalage so that only a couple inches hung out of the tail of the plane. He said that I need to make sure it was not crossing itself and let the excess hang out the tail (about a foot) or I can wrap the excess around some balsa and put tape around it so that it is not crossing itself. The next morning I straightend out the wire and let it hang out the tail. Seems strange to let it drag on the ground, but the guy said it wont hurt a thing. I flew about 15 flights without a single "twitch".[sm=thumbup.gif]
Here were two guys out flying for the day that didn't know me at all. But they were willing to take the time to explain a few things to a guy on a ATV wearing a helmet. It is nice to know that there are people in this hobby that would take the time to help out a total strainger!
I don't know if those two guys will ever read this, but just in case, THANK YOU.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:48 PM
armody

mesaflyer

First of all Congrats on your flying and congrats to your son as well who got the real experience. Well, R/C guys are often very helpful, this is what my experience, where I used to goto the old flying field. But some were really a pain in the ***** and pretty criticizing. I wanted to learn but the guy who happens to own a LHS and he is only player unfortunately in my city has a monopoly and charges heavily. I swore to GOD that I would not pay him a single dime and I'd learn from senior flyers who come to fly. I learned from them Its been more than 1 and half year I have been flying confidently, and learned a lot of things.

About the guys over here,. Infact they are all deserve great applause and admiration, they are so many great guys I cannot name them all cos post would get pretty long rc universe is a great learning place and I learn a lot from here. Let me get to USA as soon as I get my Visa, I would continue my hobby with more enthusiasm cos there are lots of facilities unlike my country. Pulse XT some sport planes and war birds are in my future list. Engines I'd prefer ASP, Magnum and Thunder Tiger, and Nova Rossi.

Mesaflyer, Keep it up, good luck, and keep flying this beautiful baby safe and sound. And thanks for updating us.

Mody
Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
armody

Sorry for typo errors, which turned out to be grammatical errors, as Im very diligent about my grammar and I dont make 'em I pick a lot of grammatical mistakes of my wife who is local born American. and my great loving life partner.

Mody
Old 06-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pulse XT 40 flying AWSOME!
Enjoy,
Kostas

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAXRyLF58e0]Pulse on youtube omg & 10LOL[/link]
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
mesaflyer

Hi guys, I have a prop question. I have an OS 46 AX engine on my Pulse. The manual recommends a 11 x 6 for break-in. After that, the manual says I can run a 10.5 x 6, 11 x 6-8, or 12 x 6-7. I don't need to have the fastest plane, but curious if anybody out there has any experinece trying different props and what seemed to work the best.
Thanks