RCU Forums - View Single Post - How we are percieved by the public
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 06:28 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How we are percieved by the public

Nice site, but like anything in the world, perception is everything. My brother once said he didn't want to be a salesman. I told him that everything you do in life is based on sales. (He was one of the best salesman I ever knew, he just didn't know it). I have been selling since I was 12. Not always selling stuff, but everything is selling. You need to sell yourself to your potential new boss. He doesn't really care what you do with your personal life. You need to sell yourself to him. What can you do to make him money. That is what it all comes down to. I flew private jets for a while and still fly for a private individual. In explaining to your boss what you have to offer him, you need to ask questions to find out what he does. Going in with a list of what you can do is good, but going in and explaining how you can help his company with examples of what you have to offer pertaining to what he needs is a big plus. Don't go in with a notion that you have to prove yourself as a modeler. If your going in as a dishwasher, prove to them that you will be the best dishwasher they will find becuase .... or if you are looking to fly planes, that you are the best pilot for the job because ....

There are a of poeple out there probably applying for the same spot you will be appliing for. If you set out to prove you are something based on modeling and they don't share your thoughts, you will stick out as someone they don't want to work with. Make it work for you, not against you. Just my 2 cent rambling.