RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Knockoff" or HPI
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
TenergyRep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Knockoff" or HPI

ORIGINAL: Alexxx

Now people , dont forget that HPI is a 'Oriental' Brand as well. Im not saying that they are bad quality like the knock offs, i was just trying to remind ppl that HPI is japanese.
The knock offs look just like cheap toys. I think its because of the way their bodyshells look.For example, on their touring car, one of the decals says 'expert edition'.
Dodgy slogans like that make me feel surrounded by cheapness. Everything on this site www.********.co.uk are all cheap knock offs. And then they say 'Why pay more for other makes when ours are simply better and cheaper!' and 'Don't Be fooled by cheap imitators.' I would always choose an HPI brand over knock offs because they are just simply better. Its a shame that begginers might fall into the trap of this website, and just end up being put off rc for ever when their 'Acme Tech' nitro car ceases to work. Also the site fails to realise that they are the ones selling cheap imitators
HPI is located in California.

First entry on the History page at HPIRacing.com

1986 - Hobby Products International is started in Costa Mesa, California by Tatsuro Watanabe and a partner. Investment: $100 each. Square footage of office: 300 square feet (28 square meters).

Currently located:

HPI Racing
70 Icon St
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610