RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 80" Cap or GP PW Extra??
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 08:32 PM
FLY V/STOL
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 80" Cap or GP PW Extra??

I have both of these planes and I can tell you that there is no comparison in the quality of the two. My H9 Cap came out of the box absolutely flawless! The overall quality and fit and finish of the Cap is unbeleiveable. I had not one bubble or ding, the cowling is not only perfectly matched to the ultracote color scheme but is twice as thick as the GP Wagstaff cowl! The quality of wood is also superior on the Cap. The sheeting on my extra's wing was very thin, and easy to punch through. You can pick up a Cap wing section at the tip with no damage. The graphics were also flawless, and they are vinyl and individual, no clear backing here! I think the two downsides to the cap are the one piece wing and no hardware, although I replaced all the hardware in my GP Wagstaff, so its really a non-issue. I will say that I liked the lines of the Extra better out of the box but the quality of the Cap and the beautiful finish has made it my favorite. As far as flying, what funfly said is also what I have heard, but I know alot of people say that if they had to pick one, it would be the Cap. Bottom line pick the one you like best.