RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Hyper ST thread!!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Wolvenborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hyper ST thread!!

Bcane,
Is removing the silver shim a relatively easy process? Keep in mind this would be the first real *take something apart* for me regarding this vehicle. I'm brand new to nitro....so everything is pretty foreign to me thus far. I'm assuming there are two shims near the base of the engine....and you are saying just to remove the silver one? Could this have any negative effects?

I think I'm going to attempt this sometime this weekend...tonight I was running my Hyper with a new glow plug and at one point near the end of the tank of gas I saw a temp of 320. Scared me a bit, so I let it cool off. I recently leaned out the vehicle a tad (it was WAY to rich), but shortly after leaning it out the max temp I saw was around 280. This is the first night I've run a full tank of nitro through the Hyper ST with this new glow plug and it seemed to run hot (although the engine was REALLY screaming). I thought I might try this shim adjustment to lower the temp a bit. That...and I might need to look for a different glow plug?

Any advice regarding this adjustment would be appreciated. Thanks!