RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen GST 7.7 Problems. Need Help :(
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
dStruct714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen GST 7.7 Problems. Need Help :(

I was in your position a few weeks ago, searching for the biggest, baddest 1/8th scale I could find. I searched high and low, the big names and the no names, and honestly I wasn't too impressed with all the 1/8th scale stadium and/or monster trucks I found, they were all so similar and close to the same designs and/or specs.

I wanted something more but couldn't afford a Baja 5b, then I found the GST, and it stands out on it's own in a big way. In my opinion it's better and probably faster then the Baja 5b 1/5 scale buggy, has the largest diameter tires I've ever seen at 3.75"x7.5" and is probably faster then the Baja 5b as well, compare the specs to the others and the only thing that comes close is the brand new XTM Mammoth, which in my opinion is a plastic toy. Setting my GST on top of the Mammoth box at Hobby People it's bigger then the box that XTM toy comes in. Although spec-wise I guess it's 1-1/2" longer and has a fractionally larger wheel base, and fuel tank, at the cost of a narrower width (probably less stable in turns too).

I'd love to see a head to head of a GST vs. Mammoth, just so I can point and laugh as the .46 GST smokes the puny .28 motor in the XTM, lol.

Get a GST you'll be happy you did, not to mention whenever you take it anywhere you'll get a crowd forming..