RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem starting XXXNT
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
CPRICE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem starting XXXNT

We'll I finally purchased my first nitro car, XXXNT plus RTR, and I'm having a problem getting started. I charged the glow starter last night for appx 12 hours and checked and followed the directions to a tee this afternoon. On the third pull it fired up, but seemed to be idling high, so I turned the idle speed down a bit which resulted in the engine dying. I tried a few more times to no avail, so I took a break and tried again later. It started, so I sat the car down and drove it slowly about fifteen seconds and it died. The one thing I forgot was to take the glow starter out, ... oops! I of course continued trying to start and the pull start became much harder to pull, not smooth like before. I figured it was flooded, so I took the glow plug out and gave it a rest. I then plugged the glow plug into the glow starter just to check to make sure it was working and it released a tiny puff of smoke?? I then plugged a new plug into the starter and it didn't light up. Would the starter lose it's juice that fast, in a matter of 1.5 hours, did I not charge it long enough or since I left it in the car when running could that of caused it to lose juice fast?? Any advice??? Thanks