Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Problem starting XXXNT

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
CPRICE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem starting XXXNT

We'll I finally purchased my first nitro car, XXXNT plus RTR, and I'm having a problem getting started. I charged the glow starter last night for appx 12 hours and checked and followed the directions to a tee this afternoon. On the third pull it fired up, but seemed to be idling high, so I turned the idle speed down a bit which resulted in the engine dying. I tried a few more times to no avail, so I took a break and tried again later. It started, so I sat the car down and drove it slowly about fifteen seconds and it died. The one thing I forgot was to take the glow starter out, ... oops! I of course continued trying to start and the pull start became much harder to pull, not smooth like before. I figured it was flooded, so I took the glow plug out and gave it a rest. I then plugged the glow plug into the glow starter just to check to make sure it was working and it released a tiny puff of smoke?? I then plugged a new plug into the starter and it didn't light up. Would the starter lose it's juice that fast, in a matter of 1.5 hours, did I not charge it long enough or since I left it in the car when running could that of caused it to lose juice fast?? Any advice??? Thanks
Old 03-09-2003, 11:11 PM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

Default okay!

first glowstarter: Charge new 24 hours and will last even if you leave it on to warm the engine!

Plug: plug shoud glow orange with starter on it..smoke will come off of it its like a ciggerrete...

Starting: this is a new car and hasn't been broke in get it started high idle is fine let a tank go through it from idle to 1/4 thottle run it rich and don't drive it yet!!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 PM
1fstxnt

do you need help with the losi or the glow igniter?????
Old 03-09-2003, 11:12 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

IT is possible that it could loose its power that fast. If you were using it alot. It sounds like the LSN needs to be turned in(leaned) at alittle bit. It seems like its loading up on fuel and then dying.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:27 AM
CPRICE

I guess I didn't charge the glow starter long enough and it ran out of juice. Once I get a good 24hr charge, then I'll try again. Heck the box said 12 hours for the first charge, so I thought that was plenty of time. I'll also lean it out a bit, maybe that's why it died. Would you guys recommend I get a couple glow starters? How long do they typically last before having to re-charge?

Thanks for the input!!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

glow starters once charged will easy last a full 8 hr day of running r/c,s ones enough!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:02 PM
nitroman88

If you guys forget to charge your glow igniter check this out:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJ481&P=7
Old 03-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Jbbxxxnt
My Feedback: (1)

Most rechargeable glow ignitors will take a standard battery instead of the rechargeable one I think, so it would be possible to keep an alkaline on hand just in case if that works. Correct me on this if I am wrong.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:01 PM
nitroman88

Most people,"like me" have glow igniters that come with a rechargible batt that is biult in. So i would not be able to use a alkaline without ripping the rechargible out and soldering everything again. Some people have the ones that are just a batt case, so you can change batts. I rarely see the ones with a case.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Jbbxxxnt
My Feedback: (1)

I see. Mine has a regular case and I can take the battery out easily. Thanks for the input.