RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kougar Build
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 AM
aileron101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kougar Build

dirtmagnet....

I have one thing to say ..... L O W E R ! ! !

Actually I bought my King Kobra ready to fly W/ retracts and a pipe at a swap meet for $175 several years ago. It is indeed a blast to fly. I saw it at the swap meet and had to have it after my experience with the Kougar. I would have probably paid twice that for it. My next kit project is going to be a double King Kobra similar to the one that the late Col. Art Johnson did in the early 80s. In my opinioon that will look really cool down on the deck with the gear up and doing 100+ mph. Plans right now are for a couple of .91s for power (way overkill) I probably wont use tuned pipes initially due to the added cost and the fact that I wont need them.

I have a few ARFS to finish as well as a four* 120 before I will even start on this. I am in the "thinkbuilding" process and beginiing to acquire the goodies needed. I have to procure things gradually so it doesn't seem like I am spending a lot on this wonderful hobby at any one time. - That keeps the wife happier. If she ain't happy nobody is happy!

gentle winds and soft landings!,

Aileron101