RCU Forums - View Single Post - ??? My first build what tools do I need??
Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
haasjj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ??? My first build what tools do I need??

Thank you all for the great tips I have some of the tools mentioned but not all, and most can be used for more than just building model airplanes so I will be buying most. I think my dad might have a few also, he doesn't build model airplanes but is a wood worker and builds cabinets and such in his spare time.

MinnFlyer Thanks for the info on the plane, I was wondering about that kinda stuff but I could not find a set of instructions for that plane. I'm not a novice when it comes to building things, its just that I've never built a model airplane before. The things I've built in the past include things like vanities for my bathroom and cabinets for storage, nice stuff not the stuff I put up in my garage in a half a day, those are easy. I know my dad has a scroll saw I could borrow for a while but I might buy my own.

This might be my first and last build but I don't know, I'm doing this more as a learning experience than as a need for that particuliar plane, but I do like the Clipped wing Cub . I've had a few minor mishaps and needed to fix with out knowing how and now I want to learn the hard way. Knowing me and how much I like building it probably won't be my last but who knows.

Thanks again to all.

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS ARE STILL WELCOME.