RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix RTR engine break-in questions
Old 08-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Jay-r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Matrix RTR engine break-in questions

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

Hey Jay(I just love saying that)

The idle stop screw could be turned in to far and causing your engines rpm's to be abit high, but on some trucks when you have them off the ground the wheels will spin just abit due to the lack of resistance in the drive train. If when you set it on the ground and your truck wants to kreep forward then your idle is too high or your clutch is faulty and engauging too soon. Either way not a big deal it can adjusted or fixed. Let us know how it goes when you do get to play. You should try the compression on the Genesis' or Nemesis' NX76 that engine will actually tear your skin during break in!!!(using a pullstart, since using a mechanical starter before 1 gallon has been run thru it is NOT recommended). Using the pullstarter is preffered during break so you dont bend a con rod or damage something inside, so yeah I guess it would be normal for an OFNA box not being able turn over a new tight engine, without loosening the glow plug..

Congratulations on your new CEN product, you wont be disappointed!!

Good Luck!! And Most Of All Have Fun!!!!
Hi Real Dogman,
Is the idle stop screw the same as the Low speed needle?. I am actually surprised that my engine did not stall when I apply throttle and brakes, it just dies when I tighten the glow plug while the engine is running. I can't imagine how powerful this thing is when fully broken in, I mean I'm not even pulling the throtlle anywhere near 25% and it screams[X(] I'm a newbie with Nitro's by the way.
Thank you very much!!!