RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Lobby Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 09:24 PM
TailDraggin
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby Super Cub

Got more done last night. Got the fuse framed, and the tailfeathers are all but covered and hinged. Looking at placement of stuff in the fuse and I think I have a workable scheme. The plans say to put everything as far aft as possible. What I came up with is a two-shelf system to the rear of the opening under the (removable) wing with the (2) servos aft top side-by-side, the receiver in front of them, and the battery pack below and between the bottoms of the servos on the bottom shelf. Should be able to secure the battery pretty easily there and keep it from shifting. The ESC can go forward of the shelf or even on the back of the firewall, and the switch will fit on the cabin door.
The fuse structure firmed up some but still seems pretty delicate. I'm hoping the covering will give it some strength.
Next step is to build the shelves, do a temp install on the inboard gear and check for balance.
The covering presents some problems I haven't solved yet. I'll need to figure out a way to secure the (tube-type) pushrods before covering and then shift them out of the way, cover the sides first, and then put them in place through holes in the side covering.
Also, the area at the root of the fin and the aft junction of the wing and fuse (with the bolt holes) looks like it'll be a booger to get covered cleanly.
I'm open to ideas here...