RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Lobby Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 11:02 PM
TailDraggin
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby Super Cub

Thanks! Something else to look forward to. LOL.
Gonna start on my second fuse tomorrow. I was tryin' to gorillya a slight alignment problem at the aft wing anchor crossmember and the whole fuse disintegrated in my hand. This time the longerons are gonna be basswood! That oughtta help the nose-heavy problem too. I'm also gonna build a solid section on top under the fin to help with that (other) covering problem I mentioned. Or at least sheet it.
I DID get the wiring all done. The engine-to-ESC; and matching quick-disconnects on both battery packs, the ESC and the charger. Did an electrical systems check and everything works from the TX to the servos!
The little radio and battery box/deck/shelf deal worked out pretty well. I'm going to put rails on the inside of the fuse so I can slide the package for best balance before gluing it down.
Having some second thoughts about power. I read in another thread that the 6-cell setup doesn't provide enough oomph for the Speed 400. I don't know if the other system had a gear drive or was a slow flyer though. I'll give the six-pack a shot. If it doesn't work, I'll go to 7 cells.

I had forgotten how much fun this stuff is. I feel like a big ol' bass that's been hooked by the same lure twice!