RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratchbuilding a bipe from internet plans - MY FIRST!!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 PM
mdl76
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratchbuilding a bipe from internet plans - MY FIRST!!

Here it is so far. My first ever scratchbuild. Heck, I only built 1 kit and that was 15 years ago (GP Spectra) Im going to take my time with it. I have been a slow stick for about a year and just recently a e-starter. I love to fly but I wanted to build to. WHAT A BLAST!!! Anyone thinking of scratchbuilding but cant decide, I say just do it... it adds a whole new element to rc planes.

I got the plans here. http://www.profili2.com/eng/default.htm (just search by name for biplane)

The only issue I hadwas my scaling is a bit smaller, I got a pdf file of the plans and it printed about 6% smaller then the 90cm wing the profili2 website states the plane has(maybe their wrong but the dims on the dxf confirm the 35in (90cm) wingspan) . But everything seems like it worked out cause the fuse came out to a perfect 3.5in diameter and the wingspan I have is 33. The 1/2 by 3/8 LE seems to look about right with my ribs to. I know I wont quite have the lighter wing load (than the 35 in WS)but with about 390sq in (both wings) It should be able to handle about 36 or so oz Im thinking.

I could not find any other links on the web about this particluar biplane but it looked like a good first build and so far its very fun. I suppose if it flies it will be icing on the cake ;-)
Being my first I expect to learn a lot.

It will be powered be a brushless and a 2100 11.1 lipo. Thinking of using the cheap ebay brushless. It puts out about 30oz thrust(maybe not enough?)

PS anyone care to join me in the build?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33611.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	762015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63849.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	762016