RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine bogging at high pitch
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 09:10 AM
rcmaster-RCU
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine bogging at high pitch

I hate to admit it, but I am only going by the marks on the chassis for pitch. I have the pitch maxed as far as it will go in both directions without hitting the frame and didn't think to care what the actual degrees were because I have it set up as far as it will travel. As far as engine tuning goes, I am pretty confident it is tuned well. It could be too rich if anything. I will try leaning it out a bit. I don't have any operating temp specs. A very accomplished local heli pilot told me that if you can hold your finger on the backplate of the engine with it not getting burnt then the engine is running at a good temp. Don't know if thats BS, but that is what I have always gone by. Syclic talked about 100% on both end points for the GV-1. Is that meaning the throttle position being at 100% for both ends? I am not in full understanding about throttle/pitch curves and I had the heli running good w/out the govenor, but it still bogged down the same way and the throttle I had set to wide open in the idle up. That may be the problem. I didn't change my idle up settings with the addition of the govenor. If I do need to change it, what do I set it to?