RCU Forums - View Single Post - NITROUS SYSTEM FOR RC CARS!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
REDisFASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITROUS SYSTEM FOR RC CARS!!!!

I just wanted to add the layman explanation for the use of nitrous oxide, since many people don't understand how exactly it works, and its effects on a 2-stroke nitro engine.

Nitrous is just adds more oxygen to your combustion chamber. The more air you get in, the bigger the 'bang', the more power you get. That's IF you can contain the added O2. The problem with 2-strokes are that the intake AND the exhaust ports are usually open at the same time, thereby, any oxygen coming, in, usually comes out as well if its pressurized or forced into the engine. Sure, the exhaust port closes first, so you do get that 'little bit' of nitrous oxide in there, but just doesn't justify the $150-250 spent on the R/C nitrous kit.

And I agree with the guy on page 1, NOS is too commonly used that even snobs who don't know anything about mechanics call it that. NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems, its a company, just like NX (Nitrous Express), and whatever company name the guys with the purple bottle is called.

Anyway, going back on your topic, I hope to see your review on this. A friend of mine purchased both the RCInnovations supercharger kit for his Savage, as well as Nitrous Express' kit. He hasn't tested the NX kit yet, but I can safely say, RC superchargers are a waste of money. The performance gained is so unnoticeable that its basically having dead-weight on your vehicle.

Anyway, hope to see your review on this.