Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NITROUS SYSTEM FOR RC CARS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 06:11 PM
GYNAIKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITROUS SYSTEM FOR RC CARS!!!!

I'm not telling you more there is the page see for yourself...just add your comment here so that the discussion continues...thx http://www.rc411.com/pages/scopes.php?scope=28&page=1
Old 09-29-2006, 08:37 PM
-whitey-

Default RE: NITROUS SYSTEM FOR RC CARS!!!!

hope u know that nitro does not even work in real cars i know machanics that have driven harleys and cars that have it only bost you a extra 5 mph or so . i know someone will say im wrong .
Old 09-29-2006, 09:51 PM
XXT-CRer

yup, yout wrong. did you know however that nos is not flammable?
ORIGINAL: whitey?

hope u know that nitro does not even work in real cars i know machanics that have driven harleys and cars that have it only bost you a extra 5 mph or so . i know someone will say im wrong .
Old 09-29-2006, 10:09 PM
hands without shadows

You are wrong, nitrous is dinitrogen oxide. It doesnt burn on its own but all the extra oxygen makes your fuel burn alot better. Maybe it only boosts your speed a bit, but it blows your acceleration up to a whole new notch. I hope we dont have to get into the whole nitrous and superchargers dont work on 2 stroke argument again, they dont work and its a sham, go on, flame me.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:13 PM
XXT-CRer

but it is not flammable on its own, its an accelerant. it requires a fuel source.

and they dont run nitrous on snow sleds in sled drags?

they also run it in two stroke quad drag racing

and i wouldnt flame anyone on here buddy, lol.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:19 PM
XXT-CRer

sorry to upset you there fella, didnt mean to, lol.

here ya go:

Nitrous oxide
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

General

Name Dinitrogen oxide
Chemical formula N2O
Appearance Colorless gas
Physical

Formula weight 44.0 u
Melting point 182.29 K (−90.86 °C)
Boiling point 184.67 K (−88.48 °C)
Critical temperature 309.6 K (36.4 °C)
Critical pressure 7.245 MPa
Density 1.2 g/cm3 (liquid)
Solubility 0.112 g in 100g water
Thermochemistry

ΔfH0gas 82.05 kJ/mol
ΔfH0liquid ? kJ/mol
ΔfH0solid ? kJ/mol
S0gas, 100 kPa 219.96 J/(mol·K)
S0liquid, 100 kPa ? J/(mol·K)
S0solid ? J/(mol·K)
Safety

Inhalation See main text. May cause asphyxiation without warning.
Skin Hazardous when cryogenic or compressed.
Eyes Hazardous when cryogenic or compressed.
More info Hazardous Chemical Database
SI units were used where possible. Unless otherwise stated, standard conditions were used.

Disclaimer and references

This article is about nitrous oxide, or laughing gas. For other meanings of laughing gas, see the disambiguation page.
'Nitrous oxide, also known as YO MAMA or MADIOU, is a chemical compound with chemical formula N2O. Under room conditions, it is a colourless non-flammable gas, with a pleasant, slightly-sweet odor. It is used in surgery and dentistry for its anaesthetic and analgesic effects, where it is commonly known as laughing gas due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it. It is also used as an oxidizer in internal combustion engines. In this use it is known as nitrous, or NOS after a well-known brand which has become a genericized trademark. Nitrous oxide is present in the atmosphere where it acts as a powerful greenhouse gas.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:26 PM
125cchyperman

NOS or nitrous is extremely awesome at boosting the acceleration of a vehicle. Have you ever been in a car that had nitrous hooked up I have. Depending on the bottle you can add 50hp 75hp 100hp 200hp and some even 250hp or more if you have the right modifiaction done to your engine and strong enough head bolts and things of that nature. Thats why Nitrous is most affetctive at the begging of straight aways when your in 3rd or 4th gear. But your right that it does not add much top speed as the top rpm's remain a constant and the rev limiter will bounce at the same rpm's if there is no nitrous or if nitrous is added.

Believe me, my friend out ran a brand new 06 corvete with a 4 cylinder that had some work done to it along with some nitrous. Believe me that nitrous does add power.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
-Inverted-

I love how people call it NOS.....NOS is just a brand name. Also, this debate has been discussed many times, Ill summarize by saying it doesn't work. Try searching, there are many threads on this.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:48 PM
XXT-CRer

lol, ya, i dont know what that was all about>>>///???????????????

i have indeed been in a car with a nitrous setup, in fact, i did the nitrous system on my friends fiat. it was a tiny car with a 4 banger also, it was rear wheel drive car with a rear engine design. (i call it a fiat, but it was actually a home built race chassis with a friggin vw motor and a fiberglass lift off body designed to look like a fiat, and thats what they called it at the track. ) it was a legit 11 second car the last time i saw him run it he was running 11.99s. i think that little car would do 60 in about 4 seconds. the car would gain about 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile when he ran it just on the motor, which dont sound like much, but its really big. he ran the thing hard every week, man bugs can really fly if they are put together right.
ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

NOS or nitrous is extremely awesome at boosting the acceleration of a vehicle. Have you ever been in a car that had nitrous hooked up I have. Depending on the bottle you can add 50hp 75hp 100hp 200hp and some even 250hp or more if you have the right modifiaction done to your engine and strong enough head bolts and things of that nature. Thats why Nitrous is most affetctive at the begging of straight aways when your in 3rd or 4th gear. But your right that it does not add much top speed as the top rpm's remain a constant and the rev limiter will bounce at the same rpm's if there is no nitrous or if nitrous is added.

Believe me, my friend out ran a brand new 06 corvete with a 4 cylinder that had some work done to it along with some nitrous. Believe me that nitrous does add power.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
XXT-CRer

are you saying it dont work on model cars , or at all? even on the real thing?
ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

I love how people call it NOS.....NOS is just a brand name. Also, this debate has been discussed many times, Ill summarize by saying it doesn't work. Try searching, there are many threads on this.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 PM
-Inverted-

are you saying it dont work on model cars , or at all? even on the real thing?
Im saying nitrous oxide does not work on 2-stroke engines.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
XXT-CRer

o ok, well ive never tried it on a two stroke, and cranking pressures along with valve and induction methods are night and day different, but i have seen them run them on 2 stroke quads and sleds in drag racing, but cant lay claim to its results cuz i dont know. i was answering whitey near the top of this page when he said it dont work on cars, or harleys, but i can honestly say, its amazing on a 4 cycle automotive engine. incredible gains in hp, and even more helpful when a turbocharger is involved, my bud turbo bug launched violently on it, it was a trip man, totally cool!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:00 AM
DaveG55

There's a big difference between 2 cycle engines in sleds, jet skis and 4 wheelers and what we run in rc vehicles. These things are about as basic as you can get. Full size engines have lots of things (like reeds and ignition systems among others) that make it possable to do things that are just not all that helpful on these tiny engines.
Nitrious and sc's may actually boost performance a bit but it's no where near cost effective.
A new, high power engine is a much better way to spend your cash.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Rs43EVOman

Guys i know that whenever people ask about superchargers or nitrous all the people who thinks it doesnt work says it, and then everyone else just agrees. Ive seen 2 magazine test done on Nitrous Oxide kits for rc cars, both agreed that it did provided a dramtic improvement in power (they added about 7-11 mph topspeed), but doesnt last very long, and was not worth the price considering most kits cost around $200. As far as superchargers go, i like basically everyone else looked at the science and thought "Oh man theres no way that will work". I have seen 2 cars that actually had these superchargers and i can say from experince they do provide more power. I personally think its stupid considering how much they cost + the wieght they add, but that doesnt mean they dont work. Im willing to bet 99% opf people who say they dont work have never seen one in action.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:19 PM
hands without shadows

I can assure you a supercharger adds no notable performance on rc nitro 2 stroke engines. Have you ever looked at the engine's design? The only time the added air would help at all, its all blown out the exhaust.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:47 PM
125cchyperman

I know that NOS is a brand just like sneeky pete, Nitrous express,Venom along with others but some people call it NOS. I thought you where saying that it doesnt work at all. I know that it doesnt really do any noticable performance gains in rc cars, just like superchargers or things of that nature. But I can tell you that it does work on 4 stroke vehicles. I can tell you that it does nothing on larger 2 strokes at least when using methanol as the fuel and adding nitrous. In the other form of racing, I have a buddy that races with us and he race racing for a guy that he knows. He used a 250cc 2 stroke, stroked to 270cc and as the engine was a little old they decided to see what it does on these type of larger 2 stroke engine's. My buddy could not tell the difference when using it to not using it. The power was the same and no noticable difference at all.

But as for the tech inspection as the engine was crap anyways he was never teched as usually the top 5 guys have to be worried and they do catch people cheating. But he didnt do any good so they never teched him. The people in the beack can and do cheat it's the people that are up front that dont cheat. It's kinda funny how that works though.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:28 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

I love how people call it NOS.....NOS is just a brand name
i remember making a thread of this topic a loooong time ago at the OT forums. i hate it when they call it NOS too!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:27 PM
XXT-CRer

adolph hitler pioneered the use of n2o in aircraft engines in world war 2, and it was 1 of his fatal mistakes. it did improve performance in his fighters, but it was like all other n20 equipped engines, it ran out pretty quickly. it was very effective in the thinner air that planes fly and fight in and also was one of the main reasons american p51 spitfires were refitted with the merlin engines with a , and this is a trip man, a 2 speed super charger, yes a supercharger with a gear induced overdrive input on an already firebreathing engine.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:37 PM
XXT-CRer

hey 125, what kind of racing were yall doing?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:47 PM
125cchyperman

A p51 and a spitfire are two totally different planed.

The p51 Mustange was an american built plane.

A Spitfire was a britishplane built by Supermarine. I just happen to love history, and WW2 is just one subject I know a lot about.

You want to here a little funny story. The Spitfires very first victim was actually a Hurrican which was from the RAF. They shot down there own guy accidentally. Kinda funny thats it's first kill was a friendly that wasnt fighting back.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 PM
125cchyperman

We where doing micro midget racing. The same thing as a sprint car but smaller. We use 125cc engine's that have a ton of wrok done to them. You can run a 125cc, 250cc 4 stroke, 250cc 2 stroke air cooled, 250cc liquid cooled, or a 600cc.

125cc is what we run, is a Honda RS engine that they use in Moto GP, we get about 45 hp out of them, but there stroked 4mm which bring the displacement to 136cc--137cc is the limit. Our engne that we run cost's $3400. For a good 250 4 stroke about the same cost wise. A air cooled is preety cheap as there the sportsman class. You cant do a whole lot to the engine, The 250cc liquid cooled you can bore or troke it to 270cc. That one for a good motor will cost you about 5 or 6 grand and there pushing about 90 to 95 hp. A 600cc it veries. Most are using the ZX6R from kawi which is actually 636cc. Fuel injected and runs about 134hp. I will try and find a pic if you want one. By the way they all use methanol as the fuel.

But to make this rc related no superchargers do not work nor does nitrous. It just doesnt work that it gives any noticable gains in performance
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 PM
XXT-CRer

lol, ya , my brother called me on it too, he said i was goofy and that the spitfire was raf, and that it was a mustang, lol. i saw it on speedvision one time they were talking about the origin of nos use in fuel engines and i just couldnt remember it right. but i am sure about the merlin engine and the two speed supercharger. my bro said hitler lost lots of planes to the raf too.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:07 PM
XXT-CRer

thats awesome!!! i love dirt trackers, and midgits and 1/4 midgits in particular. if fact, thats what kind of track we have for our rc cars. its a scale dirt track, banked at about 10 degrees. we run stadium trucks and gtb 5.5 systems. its a trip to be able to use the banking to keep the rear behind us and the front in front. i live near a full scale track called the devils bowl, its a 1/4 mile track and ive been going to it since i was a kid and im 40 now. my brothers 55 and hes been going to it for god only knows how long. its where johnny rutherford started racing, and hes a big name now, or he used to be. in fact, i think he went on to win the indy 500 in its golden years when the competition included names like jacky stewart, aj foyt, and some dude named mario, lol.
ORIGINAL: 125cchyperman

We where doing micro midget racing. The same thing as a sprint car but smaller. We use 125cc engine's that have a ton of wrok done to them. You can run a 125cc, 250cc 4 stroke, 250cc 2 stroke air cooled, 250cc liquid cooled, or a 600cc.

125cc is what we run, is a Honda RS engine that they use in Moto GP, we get about 45 hp out of them, but there stroked 4mm which bring the displacement to 136cc--137cc is the limit. Our engne that we run cost's $3400. For a good 250 4 stroke about the same cost wise. A air cooled is preety cheap as there the sportsman class. You cant do a whole lot to the engine, The 250cc liquid cooled you can bore or troke it to 270cc. That one for a good motor will cost you about 5 or 6 grand and there pushing about 90 to 95 hp. A 600cc it veries. Most are using the ZX6R from kawi which is actually 636cc. Fuel injected and runs about 134hp. I will try and find a pic if you want one. By the way they all use methanol as the fuel.

But to make this rc related no superchargers do not work nor does nitrous. It just doesnt work that it gives any noticable gains in performance
Old 09-30-2006, 11:12 PM
XXT-CRer

oh hey, ima post a site that has some midgit racing in car vids, if i can find it again.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:15 PM
XXT-CRer

are the 600 cc like this one, this is just awesome to me, hope you like it.

http://rickyehrgott.com/id13.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.