RCU Forums - View Single Post - rc 56 glue
Thread: rc 56 glue
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:21 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rc 56 glue

I run a thin bead for about 10" and then spread it with a Q-tip. Spreading it breaks the surface tension that caused it to bead. And after 5-10 seconds the spead out glue locks onto where it's at and you got no worries about runs unless you got way too much glue. And the good thing is right when it locks on it starts going tacky to boot.

I go around the inside of the canopy doing that Q-tip deal. When done, I set it aside and do the same deal around the fuselage where the canopy is going to touch. The Q-tip wipe is the trick in this technique.

When doing it this way, very thin application works the best. You're insuring coverage by spreading with the Q-tip so very little is needed. And if you got too much on, you're wiping it with the Q-tip, just wipe off the "too much".

Best part of the whole technique is that when you put the canopy on and run around the outside, the tackiness holds the canopy in place. But you can easily shift it. And any excess that squeezes out wipes right off with a wet paper towel. Have a couple ready.

It's so bloody easy it floored me first time I used the Q-tips and wet papertowels. And if you've every tried to epoxy one on................ hooo hahahhhhhhhhhh does this work quick and easy.

Magic stuff!!

I did this Tiger60 canopy a couple of nights ago in about 10 minutes and didn't bother to use any tape to hold it in place. The tackiness and squeezing out the excess stuck it very securely. Next morning it was good to go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20861.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	764793