RCU Forums - View Single Post - Axial 28 Spec 1S vs. Axial 28RR
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:23 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Axial 28 Spec 1S vs. Axial 28RR

I admit, I've seen some impressive vids - especially of 28's in Savages.. But I had enough hassle last night just getting the clutch to fit.. And living in Germany, I don't want an engine which I may well have to send back - across the Atlantic - because of some low-quality-related defect...

I like power and speed fa'sho... But not extra stress and hassles.. If I lived in the US maybe..

But seriously, how many people have bought an STS, broke it in, and got two gallons through it all with no hassles??? Not trying to (or interested in..) get into YET another STS vs. Axial discussion.. Was asking that in an open good-natured way....

But the Axials I know, and the STS's I've heard about. And what I've heard hasn't been very good.

In any event, I only posted this cuz these two engines come up a lot in Savage forums.. I LIKE the RR - I just don't think - FOR A SAVAGE - it makes any sense to spend more for it over and above the Spec 1S.. I would even buy another Spec 1S - or Mach 427(quite possible actually..), but not the RR.. I just don't really see the point in that engine. It's most definitely NOT a rival to the LRP or Picco, but costs almost as much. I hope Axial comes out with a .32 RR or something, or recognizes that the RR is kind of a dud, and comes out with a Spec 2 RR or something...