RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which is better and why
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which is better and why

Heres the ups and downs on both boats[8D],I have three Miss Buds and two vegas's!! Ok the buds/formula hydros,good points it has the.18 they cut off the rear tripples/lobster tail off the sides=less water drag=more speeds,the hulls are little thicker then the first miss buds!!The motor compartment is small!!Heres the bad things about them,wood side motor mount,sucks!!! theres no drain hole for water to get out of the motor compartment=wood rott and rusted motor mount inserts!!! I'd had to rip mine out!!![:@]junk!!![:'(] I'd went and made the old style motor mounts out of hard oak wood!!! tail fins still cracks at the base,No adjustable strut=I'd made my own adjustable strut , speeds at 28-33 mhp[]The price is 300.Now the vegas Good points Fast out of the box hydro,speeds at 33-38mhp some guys are getting maybe 40mhp on the stock.18s[X(].Bigger motor compartment room to do motor work in!!Plug big block upgrade too.Has adjustable strut,the boat is bigger then the proboat about 3"longer.Better water tight radio box.The bad things,cowl at the front needs alittle reinforcement flex coupler needs to be changed better upgrade,but I dont have any problems with them,the hull is alittle thin,but it make up for fast speeds.Water like to come in the boat=needs water seal around the cowl.The radio box screw tabs like to cracked.better turn fin.[8D] The price is cheeper,the vegas is 279.00 somtime it's cheeper then that.[8D]