RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS PG 03 Gyro set up
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 06:52 AM
CliveHenryJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS PG 03 Gyro set up

Could the "experts" here give advice on how best to set up the GWS gyro?

At present I have the Stock Mini Dragonfly with the FEDA mixer/esc and am using the GWS indoor Rx, Jamara servos, 2X1020 Kokams and the aformentioned gyro. I also have a payload of some home made training gear made out of 2mm carbon rod and ping-pong balls.

I guess my best hover time would be about ten seconds so far - heck I AM still learning, this being my first heli of any kind. Part of my trouble, I'm sure, is that as soon as the heli takes off it yaws about 45 degrees, nose left. I then apply rudder to keep it all "straight", whilst juggling the other stick to get it to hover in one place (yeah, right! ). This rudder input upsets my co - ordination a bit and sometimes I'm a bit late on the right stick and the heli gets away from me as a result. I'm sure that I could extend my hover times if the heli didn't yaw on take off, and I didn't have the distraction of keeping the tail in line - which is why I ask the question.

So, lads, how can the gyro be set up succesfully enough to keep the tail rock solid between take off and hover AND in flight?

Your input would be MOST welcome - believe me!

Thanks,
Clive.