RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera 1#A... it hurts being number 1
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 07:14 AM
AirborneRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 1#A... it hurts being number 1

The Walkera 1#A has been out for a few months now. I've got mine and I can say, with 3 years experience with Walkera helis, that this is a standout and easily their best yet. It's a big claim I know and it could be a little premature.

I've had mine for almost a week now and have flown it for a couple of hours every day... windy or not, indoors & out. I'm an intermediate pilot (just getting used to nose-in and can usually recover from anything... am intending to go 3D later this year) and the 1#A seems to have everything I've been searching for. I've got many Walkera Helis (4#1, 4#3, 5#6, 22E, 36#B, 37) and regularly fly 60#B, 64#C, 68#B etc.

Of the one's I own the 22E was a favourite for ease of repair and general flight capabilities. But since my last big crash I've not got it back to it's former glory. And no matter how good I repair it, it will always have poor rudder authority. So the next option could be an old 22A (or D?). For a while the 60 looked like staying king. It's very respectable but it's big. And there's no escape from the weight. You can get some serious brushless power in their and you have a very good 3D heli.. just maybe not spectacular.

The 60Bs I've flown with many configurations. With all of the Walkera brushless motors and a range of Walkera and non-Walkera ESCs. With 20C LiPo batteries. And even so, the 60 starts feeling scarey about the same time it get's really 3D capable. The Dragonfly 1#A hits a sweet spot for power and agility I've never flown before.

When the 1#A leaps in the air, it's because you told it to, and it's effortless. So quiet. Nothing is straining too hard. It just does what you tell it. And that connection continues to stay tight irrespective of the type of flight you're performing.

If you own a 22E and want something better. Don't upgrade it. Grab a Dragonfly 1#A.
If you're a beginner looking for the next step up. Grab a Dragonfly 1#B. And down the track convert it to a 1#A or upgrade to a 1#A completely.

CNC head configuration is available too for both 1#A and 1#B. The Walkera G-016 compact AVCS is steady as a rock with zero drift or wag with the supplied 7.6HS tail servo.

Pics and vids coming soon.
Who's got one? Am I the only 1#A owner in the world [8D]