RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dos Little Stiks
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 AM
NiknJen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dos Little Stiks

Well I thought I'd post some pics of my Little Stik. This plane was given to me over 20 years ago. It sat in my dad's garage until earlier this summer. It was completely covered with dust and dirt, holes in the (orange and brown) Monocoat and even had an old mouse nest inside the wing. The wing had several holes in it (chewed in from the mouse!) and the stab and rudder were both broke. I completly striped it down to the balsa and started patching. I replaced all the hardware, reshaped the tail, made a new rudder, redid all the mounts, tank lid, wing saddle, just to name a few. I converted it into a taildragger and bent up some custom landing gear. I also coverd it with the traditional Iorn Cross theme but designed a more modern version along with a scull and crossbones, there were just to many cross on it so I decided to go with something different on the sides. (my first Monocoat job).

It started out as just something to get in the air but I kind of fell in love with it over the process! It has an OS la .46 with a Mac muffler (makes it look like its going fast just sittin on the ground!). I have about 3 gallons of nitro through it and it flies great. This is my first plane and I'm loving it!
-Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21408.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	780138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr52941.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	780139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48462.jpg
Views:	12