RCU Forums - View Single Post - FTL 45 gas engine
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
rodman293
Banned
My Feedback: (136)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FTL 45 gas engine

Well Feloows, Thanks for all the help it was sure helpful and apreciated, I spent the day working on the engine, AND IGOT IT RUNING !!!!, HORRAY, after i set the needles at what you guys told me about 1 3/4 turns, and closed the throtle to just a couple of clicks, the dam thing started but it was missing a lot then I noticed that the throtle was opening and closind on it's own, I found that the ignition was interfiering with the radio, and I fly the new Spectrum 2.4 ghz, and never saw any problems, but it was too close to the ignition system so I move it back as far as i could and rewired the servos and move the battery back also, then I ran it for about 30 minutes and shut it of then tryied to start it (keep my fingers crossed) IT STARTED AGAIN!!!, WOW, IT DID RUN OK then let it run some more, and even run it full tilt, and it's got a lot of power, I tach it out and it was doing about 7200 RPM, on a 20x10 ProZinger, wood prop, now all i have to do is to replace the two Futaba 3305 hd mg sevos that for some reason whent all the way to the end and froze up, that one is for the books I think this plane is jinxed or something, whe is one thing it's another, GOT TO HAVE LOT'S OF PATIENCE IN THIS HOBBY, and I been doing it ever sence 1975, but this is getting even me, thanks again to you guys that took the time to help me, the RC comunity is GREAT!!!!!!! RODMA293, Charles Rodriguez AMA 121636.