RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dos Little Stiks
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
jrbmoto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dos Little Stiks

Looks nice tonyL1! I'm thinking of doing Stik#2 in blue and white. Hows the performance with the .25 FX? I do have a Magnum Pro .25 that I've been thinking of putting in #2 but I like a lot of power and wasn't sure if it would be enough.
I've been trying to work on the stiks a little every nite this week. My plan was to keep both planes at the same stage of construction but I had to jump ahead a little with #1 so I can get it done by Halloween. I've got a lot of the bs work done like mounting the engine and the fuel tank. I was able to fit a 10 oz tank with no problem! The wing and tail feathers are covered, just need to cover the fuselage then glue up the tail. I used 2-56 rod thru a plastic tube style push rods for the rudder and elevator and dual aileron servos so the radio instalation should be a snap.
I discovered a 48"X48" sheet of 6061 1/8 alum at work today and was able to fab up a set of landing gear using the set I bought from my LHS as a sample. I sheared off a 2" strip off of one edge of the sheet. This is enough for 3 gears!

-Johnny-
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77115.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	786181