RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kougar Build
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kougar Build

The question was asked as to how much drilling out the holes will lighten A plane. I built A SIG Kavalier for A pilot for racing. After it was all together but not covered it came out nose heavy. I drilled 2 and 3 inch holes from the leading edge sheeting on both sides and got it to CG perfectly.
On my SIG Kouger I'm building for the same pilot I ran into A problem. I drilled holes in the tail feathers and top and bottom of the fuse just like JR. I started to put all the gear in this week to see where the CG was going to be so I could move it around to the correct places. The Webra 55 with spinner and tuned pipe made this plane so nose heavy it flips over on the prop while sitting on my bench. [:@] This is not A real good thing!! So far I have had to cut out the bottom sheeting and my way cool and perfect hatch I had for the elevator servo so I could install the battery as far back as it would go.
Looks like I will be OK but I hate going backwards on A build. So much for out smarting myself. THINK AHEA
D.