RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why did you vote for ...
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Why did you vote for ...

ORIGINAL: 50%plane

I'm not a Billy Hell fan. However, he represents a group of folks that have been $h!t on by the AMA for some time. It would be priceless to see. I know one thing, He'd get the AMA more in 20'th century(as opposed to the 19'th century)
edit: yes, I know it's the 21'st century
50%,

How is it that you figure that the profile and 3-D flyers have been dumped on? By the AMA or anyone else. Jim Graham represents the Profile Brotherhood. The flying style that these flyers subscribe to does not blend well with established traffic patterns, or mainstream flying. That is why they have not been well received at various flying fields. You can't forget the attitude thing either. When asked not to take up the runway for their entire flight, rather than moving from the active runway, they proceeded to continue to fly there, disrupting everyone else who needed to land, or wanted to take off. This has been adequately covered time and again, but it still comes up. I used to live close to Jim, but, I did not fly at the field where the profilers flew. It wasn't worth the arguing just to fly close to home. I too own a profile plane, and don't see what all the stir is about. It flys well, but, it's not scale, which is my thing.

Bill, AMA 4720