RCU Forums - View Single Post - BME Extreme 115...Good....Bad...Need Opinions
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM
marksextra
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME Extreme 115...Good....Bad...Need Opinions

Altavillan/ Arnold,

You must be right. We're all self-proclaimed experts that don't have a clue. You're right, I mean, why would we want an engine that works! Surely we should all want to buy an engine for over $1100, and not have it work the way it comes from the mfg. We should all be small engine mechanics so that we can fix the engine we just bought that doesn't work. We should all spend time finding different carbs and other homemade fixes for our brandnew engines. We should all risk our planes with an engine that doesn't run wot and overheats.

You said: "Why does it come with a WB carb? Because there is no carb between the SDC and WB. And the manufacturer wants it to produce all the power it can." Power is no good if the engine doesn't run reliably! NO ONE WANTS MORE POWER IF THE ENGINE DOESN'T RUN! As far as I am concerned this combo doesn't work and shouldn't be sold until it does. It's irresponsible.

K. i'm done now.[sm=47_47.gif]

David,

Sorry about the advice, but seriously. Think about it. BME is still selling as many 115's as it can with no mention of any problems on their website. I bet if you call BME and never mentioned you know anything about any problems ask them if you can give them $1195 for one of their engines, they just sell you one with their fingers crossed. Just a guess. BME does have some good products, but i just don't like this kind of business. I really start getting ticked when I think of the people out there that are new to the hobby, buy an engine like this, and get out of it because they get burned from something like this. People/experts like Arnold are out there saying..."What? There's nothing wrong with this engine" That's just crap. You shouldn't have to be an expert to expect a $1200 brand new engine to run without modification when you get it home. Period!