RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Marie" P-51D
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "Marie" P-51D

I haven't seen the nitro models up close but for a Hangar-9 it would be overkill the framework of the plane as well as the extra weight doesn't add up,mine balanced perfect with the engine I am using your going to have to move alot of gear to the rear of the fuse for balance or add weight to the tail for that extra pound of engine
I have seen one in a ultra stick which is larger than the stang and they do vibrate a bit as well as having other issues like radio interferance requiring extra care when installing the radio unless your using a 2.4.
the extra weight is also not going to help the chicken leggs for retracts these models have, like I have posted over and over any engine in the 91-125 range is really a perfect match for the airframe,if you want to use the Zenoah then go ahead but your going to have a carb sticking out one side and a muffler out the other the Z 20 is better suited for a P-47,corsair,hellcat,something with a round cowl,every review I have read is that the lighter ARF planes are way overpowered with the small gas engine sure guys stuff em in there its really your choice.