RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smartech Car Clutch Problem?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:18 PM
JonesE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smartech Car Clutch Problem?

I leaned it out a tad more and now I think the engine is running fairly well although it has only gotten into second gear once while the tank leaned out (empty). It goes ballistic in second gear, I wish it would go into it more often. Thats a problem that can wait though.

Does anyone notice anything thats missing in this picture?

This dogbone and joiner are probably a useful part to have in your car!

I'm not sure how long I ran the car with FWD only but I noticed these missing pieces when I took it inside to clean her up. Unfortunately I seem to be missing a bearing. I am missing one sliding bearing 10*5*4 part #002147. The other thing that I find strange is my manual shows an E-ring #4 that should attatch onto the bevel bearing shaft. This should have kept the bearing from coming out but mine may not have had an e-ring in the first palce as there isn't a groove in my bevel bearing shaft like the one in the diagram. Part #11341.

Also after looking at the diagram of the engine assembly, I noticed my clutch does not have a clutch friction washer. This is strange, I don't think it even came with one. Do I need one? could this be causing my clutch problems?

I will also get a new clutch friction set Part #45059
I assume there are not any canadian dealers of smartech parts but I tried excelhobby earlier today. I tried to buy a clutch but paypal said they were not receving money at the momoment.

The ebay stores are also very expensive and don't carry many parts. A clutch would cost me 15$ including shipping but I'm willing to pay it if it will fix my car.