View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
hendrix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Hi.
I took it out for you.
It works fine but i will later install the piston and servo method because i need the pump and because the servo-piston method is simpler.
It can output tremendous pressure so all tubing must be secured.
The wheel collar controls the maximum pressure by restricting the oil return path.
You must first drive the air out of the system by driving the pump at minimum rpm and let the oil flow out of the wheel brakes.
The oil tank will empty so you must a big oil tank with the return tube fully restricted (use a clamp or something else to keep the return tube squeezed).
In order to set the maximum pressure you must drive the pump at maximum rpm WITH THE WHEEL COLLAR SCREW NOT SCREWED IN!!!
and then start to screw in the wheel collar's screw until you feel that you have a good maximum braking effect.
You also need a brushed motor speed controller (i use the castle creations pixie) in order to control the pump's rpm
thus the pressure and if you go ahead and do it don't forget that you need to cut the red wire from
the speed controller's servo connector. You don't need nor want the speed controller's internal BEC system.
One final detail, the tank has two lines with a piece of tubing inside the tank that pickup and return oil at the center of the bottle
much like the UAT.

Update: It looks that air is leaking from somewhere but i can't find it right now when i tried to put the system back in.
It also gives me trouble when i try to purge the air from the system and i am getting tired.
I guess the servo/piston system is the most reliable system as i never had any troubles with it.
This is the first time i installed an electric pump system and although it works fine i can see now that it needs too much work compared to the piston/servo system.
I finally found the problem but i sense that i am getting too much problems with this system
so i will revert back to the much trusted servo/piston system that i have used reliably for years.
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64024.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	805184