RCU Forums - View Single Post - Inaccurate statements in RCJI.
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Inaccurate statements in RCJI.

That Dick is precisely my point, it shouldn’t be up to Dave who I agree is an excellent retailer, it’s up to the factory to ensure the customer is looked after and they don’t.

I returned a P120 for repair and after waiting for nearly three months to fly my model, one Sunday morning I was in my office I happened to notice the Jetcat phone number printed on the ECU battery, so I picked up the phone and dialled………well, to my complete amazement Manfred, Marcus’ father answered it.

We had quite a long chat; again at that time I congratulated him on an excellent product. We also discussed the issues surrounding after sales service, Manfred was honest enough to admit that the factory was experiencing problems regarding turnaround times, he was though at pains to assure me that the matter was in hand………….that was THREE years ago!!

Trevor seems to be saying because the factory sent an item back FOC that makes everything ok, well I disagree. Money is important but time is precious, as I pointed out in one of my many e-mails to the factory I would far rather have the article back in good time and pay the bill. Having an engine returned at the finish of the flying season is a bit like being given a free ticket to last weekends football match!

I’m sorry if I gave the impression I was having a pop at RCJI, I wasn’t. I ran a successful business and one of its functions was to keep the customer informed of the situation regarding their vehicle. As I stated before I have sent the factory many e-mails requesting information about my repair status, not one of them was ever answered and that to my mind is bad business and shows a contempt for the customer.

m