Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Inaccurate statements in RCJI.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inaccurate statements in RCJI.

I refer to the statement made by John Wright with regard to engine repairs and issues with repair turnaround times being largely resolved. I am sure that the editor printed that part of the editorial in good faith, but the facts are very different.

I have been a long time fan and supporter of the “P†series of engines of which I have owned and still own a considerable number. The engines are bullet proof and the ECUs are magic but………………………their repair service is and always has been a total disgrace, they treat their customers with utter contempt.

I have had more than one engine marooned in the factory for in excess of TWO months!!
I have had not one, but two P160’s repaired and returned free of charge because the repair took so long the factory felt it had to mitigate it’s embarrassment by not charging me. Subsequent to this episode I e-mailed the factory saying I would rather pay for the repairs in a sensible time and get on with my flying!

Around the middle of October this year I sent a P120 in for check over and conversion to an “SE†it also has disappeared. Therefore I feel that some amendment to the paragraph headed “Repairs†in the issue 87 of RCJI is due as it is, in my opinion grossly inaccurate.

m
Old 11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inaccurate statements in RCJI.

Mick

you need to move on and upwards. Wren. Never an issue with service.

Jason
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
mick15

Jason,

I cannot quarrel with what you say, but as you know I have been flying jets for a long time and the sort of models I own, until recently would not have been suitable for a Wren.

Having said that I do wonder whether it would be more efficient to send repairs to Jetcat USA?

m
Old 11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Jgwright

Mick

I can only report accurately what I found and the information I was given when I visited the factory. I would prefer if you have an issue with repairs to PM me the details and I will take it up on your behalf with JetCat.

John
Old 11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Mick

Couple of questions-do you send your turbines direct to JetCat or through one of the “many agents�
A note-In my yearly meeting with JetCat the subject of repairs came up and the issue is being addressed very seriously-they are currently clearing a back log and in future will clear turbines from the factory inside 2 weeks. Add the travelling time to and from.
The ideal is to have this as a maximum.
The plus point is unless you stuff them they don’t need to go back that often

Dave
Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: mick15
Having said that I do wonder whether it would be more efficient to send repairs to Jetcat USA?

m

I can't speak for anyone other then JetCat USA but i shipped them a P-70 for repairs last week, it was repaired and shipped back to me the day they received it, i don't think one can ask for a quicker turn around time and Bob was most helpful as always.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:19 PM
rcjetn
My Feedback: (2)

I just got my P-120 back from them after sending it in in August. I damn near demolished the thing, and I take them at their word that they needed to get more compressors from Europe and several 120's were in the same boat. Actually, they've always been perfect gentlemen to talk to and I have no doubt that they care about their customers. They seem entirely professional to me.

Jack Needham
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
trevor Skedge

I recently sent off a P60 through Dave (Motors & Rotors) for a check over and service and it came back in 2 1/2 weeks. Great service I thought. Like Mick I have several "P" engines and they are all beyond reproach along with the companies standards in turbine design.
If some repairs take too long I feel it is not a total disgrace or that they treat their customers with utter contempt and how can you say a free repair warrants that comment? Harsh and unfair.

Trevor Skedge.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
mick15

Thanks for your input Trev, which part of my post did you not understand, or not read properly?

m
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Why don't you write a letter to the editor of the RCJI. That is where you should direct your problem.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
mick15

quist, I honestly don't have a problem with RCJI, or it's editor.

m
Old 11-27-2007, 02:28 AM
CJ2002

Hi Mick,

It doesn't help your case - and you have every right to be pi$$ed off being treated that way - but when I returned my P-160 for upgrade of the internals a couple of years back, I sent it through M&R and (without me asking) Dave sent me a spare 160 of his to use whilst mine was away...which was just a couple of weeks if I recall correctly. I don't recon to give compliments lightly but that's service second to none in my book.

Hopefully see you at CJ in Dec.

Cheers,

Dick

Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Dave Wilshere

It has long been a company policy with M&R that we offer a loan turbine when engines go for service.
We did this because the time taken for repairs in the summer months was longer than winter (everybody flying and crashing!) As active flyers we know what it's like to be without your toys.

People like PH school cannot be without turbines as it's earning money, so we loaned them a p60 while their 57 hour unit went back-3 weeks I think it took.
We have loaned turbines to Gordon Nichols for his Victor and a P120 to Steve Ricketts for his Comet so they could go to big shows.

End of the day like I said JetCat are working on it in Europe, they are aware that things have not always been perfect.

For my point Mick, I don't see why it's the Ed's fault-he reported what is correct for the time he visted and the future. If you need help getting the service you want I'm here to help

Dave w
Old 11-27-2007, 03:56 AM
trevor Skedge

ORIGINAL: mick15

Thanks for your input Trev, which part of my post did you not understand, or not read properly?

m
Mick,
As far as I know I didn't misunderstand your post or misread it. Did you read mine?Quote from your post "their repair service is and always has been a total disgrace, they treat their customers with utter contempt."

Trevor Skedge.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 AM
mick15

That Dick is precisely my point, it shouldn’t be up to Dave who I agree is an excellent retailer, it’s up to the factory to ensure the customer is looked after and they don’t.

I returned a P120 for repair and after waiting for nearly three months to fly my model, one Sunday morning I was in my office I happened to notice the Jetcat phone number printed on the ECU battery, so I picked up the phone and dialled………well, to my complete amazement Manfred, Marcus’ father answered it.

We had quite a long chat; again at that time I congratulated him on an excellent product. We also discussed the issues surrounding after sales service, Manfred was honest enough to admit that the factory was experiencing problems regarding turnaround times, he was though at pains to assure me that the matter was in hand………….that was THREE years ago!!

Trevor seems to be saying because the factory sent an item back FOC that makes everything ok, well I disagree. Money is important but time is precious, as I pointed out in one of my many e-mails to the factory I would far rather have the article back in good time and pay the bill. Having an engine returned at the finish of the flying season is a bit like being given a free ticket to last weekends football match!

I’m sorry if I gave the impression I was having a pop at RCJI, I wasn’t. I ran a successful business and one of its functions was to keep the customer informed of the situation regarding their vehicle. As I stated before I have sent the factory many e-mails requesting information about my repair status, not one of them was ever answered and that to my mind is bad business and shows a contempt for the customer.

m
Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Geoff White

I think it is pretty obvious that the service from Jetcat has in the past been variable as we have a case here where Micks turbine(s) took far too long to be serviced or repaired but on the other hand I know of plenty of people who have had repairs/servicing done very fast. It seems to be that all the cases of good excellent service seem to be when a trader sends the turbine back(e.g. M&R). If this is the policy then it should have been publicly stated. Personally, I think it shouldn't matter if its a trader or a private individual but its slightly naive to expect this to be the case.

They have, in effect, admitted they have had a problem as via the meeting with Dave W. they said , 'meeting with JetCat the subject of repairs came up and the issue is being addressed very seriously-they are currently clearing a back log and in future will clear turbines from the factory inside 2 weeks.'..

Regarding the article, I would have preferred to have seen Jetcat put on the spot and asked why it has taken, in some cases, too long to repair and give them the opportunity to explain what measures have been put in place to ensure it doesn't happen again. This would have been an excellent piece of journalism.

In my opinion it is critically important that the magazine is seen to be completely impartial now and in the future.

Thats it, said my bit.

Also note, all these alledged issues with Jetcat service do not apply to Jetcat USA. I know and have heard from many friends that the service is excellent.

Geoff.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:47 AM
mick15

G did u get my pm?

m
Old 11-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Geoff White

Hi Mick,

No, meant to say it didn't arrive.

Geoff.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Dave Wilshere

Guys

I know this is going on a bit.

The factory in Germany obviously manufacture and repair the turbines, the list of countries the factory receive turbines from is huge, I counted about 20 countries while I was there. The US repair situation is dealing with a lot less turbines. Some countries have no dealer so most of these customers send turbines back to the father land.
I know we have sold turbines to some really strange countries where there is no dealer-huge numbers of these turbines are out there.
I guess they have been a victim of their own success. No excuses were made, but there is a new "team" of people dealing with the repairs now, lead by multi language speaking people. It will be better.

I don't think its fair to say that dealers get better service, the company deal with the turbines in order they arrive-I'm sure the odd special rush job jumps in, but this is rare. JC have no idea how many turbines are going to arrive each day, so they have been over come especially during the summer.

Dave W
Old 11-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Geoff White

Even if traders don't get preferential treament, that still doesn't excuse them ignoring emails as alledged. If they are overwhelmed in the summer months then they should be honest and open with people and tell them its gong to take a long time.

But as you say they claim to have it sorted. Only time will tell and I am sure if it isn't fixed then we will hear about it.

Geoff.

Og and I don't think its going on a bit. Its called a discussion forum where we have discussions, its not only here for traders to push their products
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 AM
trevor Skedge

Mick,

"Trevor seems to be saying because the factory sent an item back FOC that makes everything ok"

No, what I was saying is that your comment "their repair service is and always has been a total disgrace, they treat their customers with utter contempt." seems at odds with a free repair?

Trevor Skedge
Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
mspot72

Ok time for me to chip in,

I know i fly hellies, i have had to send 2 SPH5's back, i sent them back 6 weeks ago!!!! Roman is normally very good, but even he this time has done nothing, he hasnot sent any remail correspondence back, i have emailed over 4 times, to ask first of all did they get the package, ( i sent it 2 day delivery and they got it within 3 days from UK) that was back in October, i havve had no turbines for 6 weeks.

It was nothing to do with smaking them in, it was a service they needed as the bearing was catching the spider castings and lcoking the rotor head. it needed to go back

What we need in the Uk is a JETCAT UK, nothing has been right since it JETCAT UK went from simon peckham.

We need something and need it fast.

Matt
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38 PM
JONATHAN G

is andy sheldon not the uk agent for jet cat or am i missing something here i just been on his web site and thats what he says why not use him regards jonathan
Old 11-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Geoff White

There isn't a single UK importer. AFAIK they are brought into the UK by Jetline, Motors and Rotors and Als Hobbies. And there may be more!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
mspot72

there is no JETCAT UK, jetline models is someone that buys them, he is not the official distributor,

We need an official importer agent, like JETCAT USA, the last officical agent was Simon Peckham which is where the SPH5 turbine came from, SimonPechkham Helicopter 5 turbine.

The servide turnaround is really slow, i spoke to sandra, she said
2 theend of the season has come and loads of people have returned their turbines, so they have been snowed under with work, i find it annoying as it makes Wren jump for joy, cos their turn around is much quicker, but then they get more practice :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.