RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hi all. Need some pointers.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
amdhotprocessor
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all. Need some pointers.

OK , I wasnt sure where to post this so I put it here cause there is a lot of traffic here.
A little about me and whatnot.
I have been playing with GWS and similar types of park flyers for a few yers, and just got into a club and AMA. I got my first nitro a year ago and the instructor at the old feild crashed it, he said it wat a hit, but that was bs. He tried to do 3d on a maiden right off the deck. anyway I quit the hobby for a few yrs then I got back into it. So about 3 months ago I built a BUHOR spad and have flown it now for a while and have been flying a Scat Cat 500 with a 46LA( fast as a ball of fire, which is FAST!) , After the cat, I got back in the spad and increased the control surfaces abot 200%.

The LHS owner was at the field the other day and made me fly (yeah , he had to really twist my arm on this one) his H9 pulse 40 xt.
O M G batman !!! I loved it, within minutes I had her 3 ft of the deck in knife edge. The pulse will make intermediate pillots as myself look like a competitor. Now as far as my flying skill.... I can fly any plane well, including good landings( except the spad, I intentionally do weird thing to it lol ) and ground skills. My real place that I am working on is my aerobatics.

Any way I guss I need to make a point here soon. I went ahead and ordered a Pulse PNP for my Christmas gift
I will be using my Futaba 6ch computer tx and Fut rx.
this leaves me with now a bunch of servos, a .25os max and a os 46la. and 2 rx batt pacs.... so i figure its time to add a few new planes!!

So my questions are...

1 I really want a Cap 232 or Edge 540...funtana.... that style 3d plane.
So I would like to use my 25 for this, Its and loder engine but runs GREAT!!
what I had in mind was the possibility of buying a nice affordable arf in 15-25 size, and hope I can have hover power.
OR try and convert a mini funtana, but I dont know if its possible.
OR the perfered way... If someone could point me to a KIT od a cap/edge/funtana style plane....even a f3a would do... any suggestions?
I could use a 46 la in a smaller plane for extra power but i dont think tis suited for hovering.

2The other engin I need to get in the air is the 46 la, and I was thinking a pattern or fun fly areobatic type.
Again I think I would like to build a Kit. Sommething very affordable too. Money is tight with my schooling tuition.(going for a degree in machining)

3 I said before that as far as just flying I can handle any aircraft pretty much. BUT I am limited in my aerobatic manuvering.
Is there like a holy grail list or somthing that has a definition, name and instructions for all the various or most of the manuvers.
I need like a handbook of stuff to try. I dont know if this exists but if it does some one here will know for sure.
I have been told to have someone box with me to teach me.... this may work for some, but as for me It feels degrading... I am self taught and very skillfull in my flying and good at the few mainstream manuvers I do know. and I have had instant success and nearly no crashes, even learning on my own with a PZ cub, then a GWS zero, mustang formosa...... blah blah...

thanks for taking the time to help . sorry for som long of a post. MIKE b

" Gear down..... Flaps down....... DIRT NAP THAT PEICE OF #$%^&*"
Quote from "dead stick ken"