RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xtreme Boom Tail Motor on CX2
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
goldslinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Xtreme Boom Tail Motor on CX2

Eat. . .

I have some that shockingly fit perfectly; I couldn't believe it. It was like the boom was made for them! The spindle bushing pokes through the opening perfectly as well.

I'll see how many I have of that size. I got those off of Solorbotics.com or You can get them off of pagermotors.com, or I can give one up. The one I have bags full are a bit larger.

On the resistor and set up. I would definately NOT run them off of a motor as it will rob it of power and You will have to compensate; I guess it won't hurt anything, but You don't have to; just cut the wire loop in half of the bind plug that I know You have; move the positive wire over next to the neg. plug in to 6th channel and there You go. Instant power source. (constant)

THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS go switcheable off the 5th channel and buy the EMRR that I linked to. I would do that, then it would be proportional and You can adjust the knob to get the speed You need to an extent, I think that part is more so for servos though, You may STILL need a resistor.

It is also good for lights.