RCU Forums - View Single Post - JBA .56
Thread: JBA .56
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Turk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JBA .56

ORIGINAL: Ed_Moorman

I just ran the break-in on BigEd's JBA .56. Seems to run like an SK, which is really good.

1-flip started on every tank full. Never had to resort to a starter.

After five 8-ounce tanks, I am turning an APC 11-6 at 12,800. This is the same as my OS .55AX. Same prop actually and same fuel, Omega 10% nitro, castor blend fuel.

I set the low end on the 5th tank and it will hold a low idle (I didn't check the actual rpm, but it's low enough for me to taxi) then go straight to full power without a hesitation. I also ran for more than 30 seconds with the carb half open, then full power. No hesitation again. Next, I ran at 1/4 open for 30-40 secs and full power. It seems to have a very good carb.

It does not shut down when you close the carb. Those of us who have SKs know that it takes about a gallon of fuel for the engine to really come in and at around that time, it'll shut down. This was mentioned in the SK thread and it worked for my engines. Maybe it takes that long for the castor oil crud to close up all the minor air leaks. I don't know. I do know the SKs keep gaining power for a gallon or so. I am going to assume the same for the JBA.

I haven't flown it yet to see how it reacts in the air, but at first glance, it seems to be a good running power house for a low price, $80.

I do plan to run several other sizes of 11" and 12" props and I have a Jett muffler to try. Since Ed can't use it right now up in Omaha due to snow and cold, I'm going to give it a good test. By the way, I also ordered my own JBA .56.
Hi XJet I think you missed that part.