RCU Forums - View Single Post - Doubledog's building a luftboot
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doubledog's building a luftboot

Hi gang.
First of all, many thanks to you for the wonderful ideas. Its good to sneak in here & see whats going on. Even have a lot of your pics printed off & posted in the shop for reference.

Some of you might remember me asking questions a year or so ago about scratch building one of these boogers. Actually its been in the works for about six months now and is to the point I feel confident enough to post some pics. A new work bench has helped with the process. Having one bench means moving projects around and it gets tiring.

Here it is. Don't be too hard on me just yet as this isn't a show model. Its only to get out there & have some fun.

46L x 25W x 3.5 Deep

Engine is a Zen G23 and will be setup for a pusher. I've got a 14x7 three blade. Pusher props are limited in sizes but this should work enough to scoot along. I'm going to convert the engine over to a pull start as well to make it a tad easier. Wood is mainly peices of scrap 1/4" ply, cut into stringers with the bandsaw. Decking is 3mm ply as well & will get laminated with West Systems throughout.

Again, don't be too hard on me as this is a relatively cheap project and I'm not wanting to sink a lot into it. You'll notice some of the lines are not perfect & the bottom will get filled in as needed to flatten out.

Best regards,
Jamie

Ps,
I'm mainly a gas boater and have had some ideas about the tank position. Would an IV bag allow me mount it lower or even on the deck? Since the bag collapses wouldn't it make drawing the gas a bit easier?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12536.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	841034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27692.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	841035