RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner
Old 01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
kenvs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

I started off with a Mega Tech Micro-fly and thought it was a kick for 3.5 minutes of flying time. Went to an E-sky HB FP w/ training gear the E-sky FMS simulator and became addicted. Now I'm into a T-rex 600 CF electric that I'm fleshing out with electronics and practice on a Real Flight G4 sim. The FP is great for monkeying around the basement with; it is not something that you would be able to fly outside in the least bit of wind. The HBK CP w/BL motor would be a good trainer and also allow you to do some free-styling if the mood strikes you and not put too much of a strain on the pocketbook. There are two givens in this hobby: 1) you will not learn overnight and 2) you will crash. The E-sky Belt CP w/BL motor can be had for just a few dollars more that the HBK, is bigger (so that you can see it easily), heavier (to handle breezes [not gale force winds] better), and more stable (even though less forgiving in some areas). The Belt CP is not something to fly in the house, near dogs or small children. Have fun ... the addiction will follow. - Ken