RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the BEST begginer Heli???
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Druss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the BEST begginer Heli???

ORIGINAL: Big Green Machine

The DSM radio offers more than just no interferance with other helis and no crystals to worry about. The range is somewhere around 3000 feet, and in the newest models the reciever is a sepereate unit allowing you to use it in another heli, say a FP. Oh and it is 5 channel not 4, complete with a trainer switch. And of course it uses 4 batteries and not 8, along with having an antenae that is 4 inches and not 4 feet. Plus it is more precise than FM.

But I hear you, groceries are cheaper at Walmart too!
Sorry, didn't want to get into an arguement, just wanted to provide some options. It is upsetting though when someone degrades a product without even trying it first.

I don't believe that the original DSM system has that range (especially when it only uses 6v of power), I have the full range DSM2 DX7 and knowing that the system used on the CX2 is not full range I don't know how it could achieve the range of 3000'. Also, you would lose sight of it's orientation at 100' so the range or precision (not doing F3C flying here) for a co-axial is moot. Having a lot of extras is nice, but not when you have to pay for them and they don't provide any practical benefit.

I agree that the smaller antenna is nice though.