RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Ultimate 120s
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2002, 10:14 AM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World Models Ultimate 120s

Time to make some pushrods. The hardware pack contains some heatshrink to slip over the ends of the dowels after you've epoxied the threaded rods to either end. I prefer to push the threaded rod into place, wrap the whole arrangement in cotton and then soak it in CA. This makes the strongest pushrod ends I've ever seen.

The elevator pushrod is a 'Y' style pushrod (one rod at the servo end, 2 rods attached to the elevator end). I've never been a big fan of this method of operating separate elevator halves, but as the rest of the hardware works so well, I thought I'd give it a go and assemble it as per the instructions. It actually works quite well, but it took me a lot of fiddling to get both sides of the pushrod out of the exits in the fuse. I didn't take a photo of the arrangement before I fitted it to the fuse and I'm not about to take it out to do so!! I'll leave it as is for the moment, but if I suspect that it's not working properly, I'll be replacing it with 2 separate pushrods and servos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4786_4359.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	3731  
The following users liked this post:
DaleD (05-23-2020)