RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bring Back the Bridi Trainer 60
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 05:03 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bring Back the Bridi Trainer 60

GP sold the Bridi version for a while and then improved it. To me, what they did was truly an improvement over the original version, for my purposes.

The original versions with the short rudder were difficult to make snaproll or spin while using a reasonable balance point (CG). The improved version by GP was not only prettier, but could be set up to snap and spin with ease. This was one of the few times that anyone "improved" a model and actually made it better. Of course, this is purely subjective, so everyone's opinion is right - for them.

I used to fly the original RCM Trainers as flying test beds and for fun fly competition, before the competition folks went nuts with the spindly little models that came later. Lots of other folks also used them for fun fly models and it wasn't uncommon at all to see them fitted with Rossi, Webra or OS rear exhaust engines and side exhaust engines with tuned pipes down the side, or slung underneath.

I now have all versions of the Bridi and GP kits, except the .20 sizes, which I would love to own. I'm using my kits as masters for producing clones (personal use - not commercial).

I agree with those that say that these models make the best trainers around. No one needs to start with a crippled trainer that has a flat bottomed airfoil. That is just baloney. When properly set up, the RCM Trainers were more than capable of slowing down adequately for anyone to land.

Ed Cregger