RCU Forums - View Single Post - learning 3d, what happens upon flameout?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: learning 3d, what happens upon flameout?

Remember the "old days" when clubs were a bunch of friends that got together and formed one up because they were . . . friends? Me neither. There are four or five established clubs in this general region and the mood and focus is different among them all. It pays to choose your friends/clubs wisely. I switched clubs for that reason; the philosophy was much more laid back and pleasant. We fly because we like to fly and, for the most part, like to hang around together. I think there will always be some splinters and factions that form cliques. That's just people.

Soon we will have clubs that started as 3-D and there will be the habitat that other like minded fliers will gravitate to.

That little Goldberg was so wild on it's maiden I didn't dare loosen my death-grip enough to take my thumbs off the transmitter so to adjust the trims. Hands off it would do one roll a second, though only took about 1/5 left stick to right it. Yippee! Flew it for five minutes in 15 mph winds just to "get the feel" in the untrimmed state because I knew the landing would be hairy. I had the air to myself and was glad for it. On landing I dialed in another 20% reduction on the lower rates and put in a wad of exponential. It's a ripper of a little 3-D model. Flat rolls like a maple seed.