RCU Forums - View Single Post - Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

Maybe there is different problem with a different Futaba FASST system. Please check this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6855523/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]URL[/link] out (post #24).

The 14MZ 2.4Ghz receiver was interfered by a cell phone call in flight and the plane crashed.
I must disagree with your conclusion after reading his post - the cell phone interference was long after the crash. Here's the post:

I know a lot more about the cell phone incident and what he's trying to find out. Earlier that day his brand new 14mz 2.4 module and receiver crashed his EF 87" Yak on it's, the radio's, first flight. He started yelling "I haven't got it , I haven't got it" and four of us looked up and watched the plane wing rock from about 70 degrees right to 70 degrees left back and forth as it decsended at about a 20 degree angle into the ground. When we got it back to the bench everything seemed to work and the phone interferance was discovered later than day. This was the test bed before he put it in his 35% Yak. While the plane was on the bench and he was trying to figure out what could be going on his phone rang and as soon as he answered his radio went nuts. He called me to check my 2.4 Fasst ( I'm the 9C with the TM7 & 607 rx) to see if this was normal, mine is un-effected by my cell phone and it was the next day he actually set his phone on my receiver which incidently has the receiver mounted on a EQ-10 power expander. No problems were caused by his phone on my radio, it just interferes with his radio. We're both Futaba lovers and he's just looking for answers and if somethinng is wrong with his equipment, not Futaba's system. The question was has anyone else noticed cell phone interference with there 2.4 Fasst system

Crashes can do funny things to rxs - at least I've had some 72mhz rxs exhibit susceptability to interference after a crash. Sent them in, and they always had a filter replaced. Don't know about the 2.4 rxs, 'cuz I haven't crashed one - yet!